To promote and protect dignity, independence, and welfare of older adults throughout Alpena County.
The Alpena Area Senior Citizens Center is the focal point in Alpena County of leadership, innovation, and advocacy in providing Senior Services.
- To improve the health and nutrition of older adults in Alpena County through education and nutritional programs.
- To be the access point of information and services to older adults, their family, and caregivers.
- To promote financial independence and safeguard the economic security of older adults.
- To protect older adults from abuse and exploitation through education and monitoring of clients’ well-being.
- To ensure that older adults have a choice in where they live by providing information and programs that support independence.
- To provide effective, efficient and high quality services in keeping our Mission and Vision.
Harassment Free Policy
The Alpena Senior Center seeks to provide a place of safety and camaraderie for its staff, volunteers and patrons. As such:Alpena Area Senior Citizens Council, Inc., is committed to providing an environment free of unlawful harassment. Creation of a hostile or offensive environment may include conduct that criticizes or shows hostility toward an individual or group because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. All such harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. By extension, this policy will be applied to any type of harassment or bullying by any person directed at any other person. Persons engaging in harassment and/or bullying will be barred from the Center and its property. If a person believes that he or she is the victim of any type of harassment, he or she should report any such conduct immediately to the Senior Center Administrator. Be assured that there will be no retaliation against good-faith reports or harassment. This policy applies to all types of harassment, whether it comes from staff, volunteers, contractors, customers, suppliers and/or vendors.