What is MMAP? Michigan’s Medicare Medicaid Assistance Program
At the Alpena Senior Citizens Center, a certified MMAP counselor can explain things so you can make informed decisions about your insurance.
- Medicare benefits
- Your plan options
- How to enroll – When to enroll
- Provide enrollment assistance
- If a senior has limited resources, a MMAP counselor can help apply for the appropriate program (Extra Help with prescriptions), Medicare Savings Program (Part B premiums), or Medicaid and/or other opportunity to join or switch your Medicare drug plan.
- A MMAP Counselor can help seniors save Rx costs by identifying other resources/manufacturer programs and help seniors evaluate their drug plan during the annual Part D Open Enrollment.
- A MMAP Counselor can explain Long Term Care options and assist with the application process.
- A MMAP Counselor will identify and report Medicare & Medicaid fraud and abuse.MMAP is a free service. MMAP Counselors do not make decisions for you; they do not sell you insurance; they guide you through your options. Call 356-3585 extension 21 for more information.